The delivery of the NeuConnect project will create over £1bn / €1bn of contract opportunities and in April 2019, the major procurement of Engineering Procurement and Construction (EPC) contracts was launched.
The deadline to submit expressions of interest or requests to participate closed in May 2019, with strong interest from suppliers to participate in NeuConnect’s procurement of three main packages:
- Lot 1 – Converter Stations
Two converter stations and AC connection works in the UK and Germany, including a single maintenance and emergency repair contract covering both UK and Germany converters for an initial term of 10 years
- Lot 2 – HVDC Cabling
720km of HVDC Cables, including a single maintenance and emergency repair contract for the entire cable length for an initial term of 10 years. Given the length of cable required, NeuConnect intends to invite initial tenders based on lengths of cable across UK, Dutch and German territorial waters but will require shortlisted tenderers to provide proposals for all three sections.
- Lot 3 – Full Turnkey Solution
A full ‘wrap’ / turnkey solution to include two converter stations and 720km of cabling, together with a single maintenance and emergency repair contract for an initial term of 10 years.
NeuConnect will now closely assess the submissions received from suppliers before moving to the Invitation To Tender (ITT) stage in due course.
- Details about further NeuConnect contract opportunities will be posted on this page in future
- A News Story about the launch of NeuConnect’s procurement activities is here
- NeuConnect’s Engineering Procurement and Construction (EPC) contractswere publicly tendered via the Official Journal of the European Union (OJEU) website here