The delivery of the NeuConnect project will create over £1bn / €1bn of contract opportunities and in April 2019, the major procurement of Engineering Procurement and Construction (EPC) contracts was launched covering:
- Converter Stations: Two converter stations and AC connection works in the UK and Germany, including a single maintenance and emergency repair contract covering both UK and Germany converters for an initial term of 10 years
- HVDC Cabling: 720km of HVDC Cables, including a single maintenance and emergency repair contract for the entire cable length for an initial term of 10 years.
Following strong market interest, the Invitation to Tender (ITT) stage was launched in December 2019 with a series of pre-qualified tenderers invited to make detailed submissions.
- Further updates on NeuConnect’s procurement process and details about other contract opportunities will be posted on this page in future
- A news story about the Invitation to Tender (ITT) stage of NeuConnect’s procurement activities is here
- NeuConnect’s Engineering Procurement and Construction (EPC) contracts were publicly tendered via the Official Journal of the European Union (OJEU) website here